International Charitable Found of Vladimir Horowitz Competition
The partecipants should be aged up to 33 years old, they will be then divided in 4 age categories.
The competition will take place in four rounds:
17–19 April 2019: First Round
20–21 April 2019: Second Round
22–23 April 2019: Third Round
24 April 2019 – Solemn awards ceremony and final concert of the laureates
Every year (alternately for Debut/Junior and for Intermediate/Senior)
Candidates should provide the following documents:
Age range: is opened to young pianists of all nationalities, born between 24 April 2000 and 24 April 2005.
The Competition is held in four separate groups.
“HOROWITZ – DEBUT”
1st Group “A” Elementary
Program of the participant’s choice.
Performance duration – 10 minutes.
2nd Group “B” Elementary
Program of the participant’s choice with obligatory performance of Etude.
Performance duration -15 minutes.
3rd Group “C” Advanced
Program of the participant’s choice with obligatory performance:
– Sonata (1st or 2nd-3rd parts) or variations;
– Virtuoso composition
Performance duration -20 minutes.
4th Group “D” Advanced
Performance of a part of Concerto for piano with orchestra (accompanied by another piano).
1. J. Bach. One Prelude and Fugue from the Well-Tempered Clavier.
2. M. Clementi, J. Hummel, J. Haydn, W. A. Mozart, L. Beethoven (participant’s choice).
One complete sonata (without reprises).
3. F. Chopin, F. Liszt, S: Rachmaninoff, A. Scriabin, C. Debussy, I. Stravinsky, D. Ligeti (participant’s choice).
One virtuoso etude.
4. A piece by a Ukrainian composer.
The performance should last up to 30 minutes.
1. A required composition (see Attachment 1, “List of required repertoire for the Second Round”).
2. One or more piece(s) of choice by composers from the Romantic period to the present time.
The performance should last up to 35 minutes.
1. A complete concerto (See Attachment 2, “Works for the Third Round”).
1st Prize – 5,000 U.S. dollars, the title of Prizewinner and Gold Medal;
2nd Prize – 2,500 U.S. dollars, the title of Prizewinner and Silver Medal;
3rd Prize – 1,500 U.S. dollars, the title of Prizewinner and Bronze Medal;
4th Prize – 1,000 U.S. dollars, the title of Prizewinner;
5th Prize – 700 U.S. dollars, the title of Prizewinner;
6th Prize – 500 U.S. dollars, the title of Prizewinner.
The Prizes are awarded according to the Jury’s decision.
Winners of the Group “D” Advanced take part in the Closing Concert with the orchestra in the Lysenko Column Hall of the National Philharmonic of Ukraine.
The winners of the Competition in group “Horowitz – Debut” receive diplomas and gifts, and take part in the Closing Concert of the Competition.