Deva began to play the piano at the age of 5, and she is currently studying at the Ontinyent State Conservatoire (Spain). Besides, she is also following masterclasses with the Hungarian international pianist and pedagogue István Szekély. She has also followed masterclasses with the international pianists and pedagogues Juan Lago, Graham Scott, Pascal Nemirowsky, Murray McLachlan, Misha Dacic, Péter Józsa, and Eduardus Halim.
At the age of 10 she was chosen to be part of Ciclo Amadeus, a group of selected young pianists who are led by the Artistic Director Teresa Flores. Thanks to this association, Deva is playing regularly in piano recitals. She has also participated in several national and international Competitions with excellent results.
In 2021 Deva had the privilege to participate in Epoche_f International Masterclass with the Ensemble Modern thanks to EMCY, studying XX and XXI centuries music, and playing in two concerts in Wolfenbüttel and Hannover (Germany).
Deva is the 2021 winner of the IX Concours International de Piano d’Orleans“Brin d’Herbe”, music of the XX and XXI centuries, and Special Prize ex-aequo to the best interpretation of the compulsory pieces (“Atelier Escher” Mikel Urquiza), Orléans, France.
She has also obtained:
– The 2nd Prize and Béla Bartók Special Prize in the VII Béla Bartók Internatinal Piano Competition in Graz (Austria)
– The First Absolute Prize at the II International Competition Piano Málaga (Spain).
– The First Absolute Prize in her category, and Prize to the best interpretation of a piece from a Spanish composer of all categories in XII International Piano Competition “Pequeños grandes pianistas”, Sigüenza (Spain).
– The Second Prize in XI International Piano Competition “Gabriel Teruel Machí” (cat. up to 22 years old).
– The Second Prize and Special Prize “Miguel de Cervantes” to the best interpretation of a Spanish piece, and Special Prize Hinves ex-aequo in VII
– The International Piano Competition “Gran Klavier”, Alcalá de Henares (Spain).
– The First Prize in the I International Competition Monegros 88keys.
– The First Absolute Prize in IV Premi de Música Ciutat de Mataró and Special Prize Leonid Sintsev to the best Chopin interpretation.
– The Second Prize in Santa Cecilia- Premio Hazen Piano Competition.
– The Second Prize in 49è Concurs de Joves Intèrprets de Piano de Catalunya
– The First Prize ex-aequo in XIX Concurs Instrumental Sant Anastasi.
– The First Absolute Prize in V Concurso Nacional de Piano Ciudad de Talavera.
During the lockdown, Deva has also received several First Prizes in online competitions, as WPTA Finland International Piano Competition (Finland), V Odin International Music Competition (EAAA), and the Second Prize in La Note Céleste International Piano Competition (Paris).
If you are interested in working with Deva, please get in touch with the EMCY Office.
I. Albéniz, Asturias (Leyenda)
I. Albéniz, Rumores de la Caleta
I. Albéniz, Suite Iberia, 1.Evocación-2.El Puerto-3.El Corpus en Sevilla-4.Rondeña
J.S.Bach, Prelude and Fugue nº2, BWV 847, Book I
J.S.Bach, Prelude and Fugue nº10, BWV 855, Book I
J.S.Bach, Prelude and Fugue nº21, BWV 866, Book I
B. Bartók, Romanian Folk Dances, Sz.56, BB 68
B. Bartók, Sonatine Sz55, BB69
L.v Beethoven, Grande Sonate “Pathétique”, op.13, nº8
L.v Beethoven, Sonate “Moonlight”, op.27, nº2
L.v Beethoven, Sonate op.31, nº3, “The hunt”-I. Allegro
F.Chopin, Etude op.10, nº4 “Torrent”
F.Chopin, Étude op 10, nº12 “Revolutionnaire”
F.Chopin, Étude op.25, nº2 “The bees”
F.Chopin, Impromptu nº1, op 29
F.Chopin, Scherzo nº2, op 31
C. Diéz Cartas a la oscuridad, 4. Presto
G. Gershwin, 3 Preludes
E. Granados, Allegro de Concierto
J.Haydn, Sonate nº30, Hob XVI
J.Haydn, Sonate nº34, hob XVI-I. Presto
F. Liszt, Liebesträume nº3
F. Mendelssohn, Rondó Capriccioso, op14
W. A. Mozart, Sonate KV332, nº12, I. Allegro
W. A. Mozart, Sonate KV545, nº16
S. Prokofiev, Sonate nº3, op 28
M. Ravel, Jeux d’Eau
R. Schumann, Fantasiestücke op 12, 2. Aufschwung
D. Shostakovich, Dance of the dolls
M. Urkiza Atelier Escher- 1.Main qui dessine la main-2.Chute d’Eau-3.Lune ridée-5.Cavaliers
J. Cage, Credo in U.S.
W. A. Mozart, Quartet KV 478 in G minor
C. Saint-Saëns, Piano Quartet in B flat major, op 41
F. Chopin, Concert nº2, op 21
A. Marquez, Danzón nº2
A. Schoenberg, Fünf Orchesterstücke op.16