Orléans Concours International
It is made up of fours rounds open to the public.
As each edition, a mandatory piano piece is commissioned to a worldwide renowned composer in order to enrich the contemporary repertoire.
Every two years
The application form will be available online at www.oci-piano.com and must be sent to the competition’s office and postmarked no later than March 4th, 2019. Along with the completed application form, please submit the following documents preferably by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (or by postal mail) :
– A copy of the applicant’s birth certificate or passport,
– A recommendation letter from a teacher or a recognized musician,
– The repertoire list, detailed and precisely timed with the names of the publishers of the selected works, sent by email in .doc format, according to the template available on our website,
– One recent colour photo for the Competition Program, preferably by e–mail (format: jpg / 300 dpi) or by post (size 10,5 x 15 cm),
– A document which confirms the payment of the registration fee,
– The completed and signed parental consent for candidates under 18 years old (see page 12).
– The authorisation form for the use of the image reproduction right, signed (available on our website www.oci-piano.com)
– The accommodation choice
The competition presents three levels and is open to the pianists born after January 2001. Programs must cover the piano repertoire from 1900 to today. Each candidate presents his or her program during one single round. Special Prizes are optional. The mandatory piece composed by Christian Mason is compulsory. Prizes as well as Special Prizes will be awarded by the jury.
The jury’s decisions will be based on the excellence of the interpretation, as well as on the choice and originality of the program. All jury decisions are final and will not be discussed.
Playing by heart is not compulsory. Each applicant will be notified by email of his or her acceptance or non acceptance
as a competitor. If accepted, a convocation letter will be sent from March 11th , 2019.
More information here.
1ST LEVEL : between 7 and 12 minutes
2ND LEVEL : between 12 and 20 minutes
3RD LEVEL : between 18 and 25 minutes
Every candidates will receive a diploma of participation. The jury will award for each level a First Prize (ex-aequo prizes are possible):
1st level : 300 euros
2nd level : 400 euros
3rd level : 500 euros
The jury will also award for each level, Excellence Prizes (2nd Prize) and Encouragement Prizes for a global amount of 2 000 euros.
For each level of the competition, a Prize will be awarded to the best interpretation of the mandatory piece commissioned by OCI to the English composer Christian Mason, for a global amount of 450 Euros:
1st level : 100 euros
2nd level : 150 euros
3rd level : 200 euros.
Other prizes will include gift cards, music scores, CDs, DVDs, books… which will be offered to the laureates by our generous partners. Several artistic experiences and concert invitations are also proposed to the laureates of the competition. Invitations to perform in concerts and Festivals and gifts offered by the competition partners.