Here some fresh update about Ettlingen Competition that will take place from 7th to 9th of August 2020 ONLINE!
All the forty candidates will join the “Ettlingen Online Finals” making it, once again, an extraordinary competition. The organisers asked the participants about their available instrument, recording location and equipment and then coached the talents individually on how to record in the best way possible. With the right support this will be an enriching experience for all the people involved.
Focusing on the main goal of the Ettlingen Competition – to promote music performance on stage and enable human encounters – they develop a new system for the online-competition in August:
– For the recording, each competitor will get a specific time frame until end of July
– One video recording will be done.
– During the recording all pieces are played without interruption.
– Right after the recording, the original video-file will be uploaded to the competition-server without any edits or post-processing.
– Before, during and after the recording, the organisers will stay in contact with the participants via video-chat.
– The recordings will be streamed to the jury and audience on August 7-9.
Since this process is new, technically and organisationally demanding, the competition offers to all participants a test-recording prior to their official recording.
The competition experience with audio recordings for the traditional preliminary-round shows that most competitors, teachers and parents are well equipped with hardware as phones, tablets, cameras, microphones, but hardly know how to use the equipment for high quality recordings. We therefore see the Ettlingen Competition also as a chance to learn how to use today’s highly developed technical tools in a „musical“ and meaningful way.
Good luck to all competitors!