The European Music Council (EMC), the regional group for Europe of the International Music Council (IMC), exists to support the interests of its 75+ member organisations, which include national music councils and music organisations from across Europe. The EMC initiates and organises cooperation projects, conferences and workshops on a European level, and is active in the field of cultural policy.
For its head office in Bonn, the EMC is recruiting a post-graduate trainee with a focus on communication (M/F/D) to contribute to the development of the organisation in response to the needs of the European music sector in the 21st century.
EMC offers an inspiring working environment, international contacts in the fields of music and cultural policy, and the opportunity to get an insight in all fields of work of a cultural NGO, such as EU and national cultural policy, international conferences and workshops, funding applications on EU and national level, membership communication and many more. As trainee, you will receive a monthly compensation of 1800,-€ (gross) and you will join a young and enthusiastic team.
Tasks of the trainee will be:
• Assisting the EMC Team to implement the communication strategy of the EMC;
• Feeding the EMC social media channels;
• Keeping the EMC general website and specific project websites up-to-date;
• Drafting press releases, and fostering existing as well as establishing new PR contacts with the relevant media;
• Assisting the EMC Team with the organisation of EMC events, such as the European Forum on Music;
• Assisting the EMC Team with general administration tasks (email-correspondence, shipping of material, dispatch of info-material, data-maintenance etc.).
EMC is looking for an open-minded and dynamic person, with an interest in European cultural issues and international networking who brings qualities such as:
• Experience or interest in communication, press work and social media;
• A degree in communication, cultural sciences, cultural management or equivalent;
• Knowledge of and interest in music;
• Excellent communication and organisational skills;
• Knowledge of or interest in European cultural policy;
• Fluent in English, knowledge of German; further languages would be an asset
• Computer Skills (Office, Filemaker, Typo3); further interest in IT related matters would be an asset;
• The ability to prioritise workload and to work independently;
• A willingness to work flexible hours and travel.
The contract will be limited to 24 months, preferably starting on 1 February 2020.
Please email your applications by 17th November 2019 to Tanja Huthwelker, EMC office administrator at email@example.com. Interviews will take place on 2nd December 2019 in the EMC office in Bonn, Germany.