Surprising Stars online music competition is a fantastic opportunity for students or recent graduates from music conservatories all over Europe. The aim of the competition is to support young musicians in building their own online audience, and to give them a platform that may help them to gain recognition in Europe.
The Metropole Orkest, the world’s leading pop and jazz orchestra from the Netherlands, is the main partner of Surprising Stars. The musicians having a chance at winning a solo performance with China Moses and the Metropole Orkest in The Netherlands in May 2018.
The Surprising Stars online music competition is open to musicians of every instrument. Participants must be born between 1 May 1992 and 1 May 2002. The competition is open to musicians who are currently obtaining a professional education at a European conservatory or music university, have recently graduated from their music studies in Europe, or are about to enroll into music education in Europe.
Timeline of the 2018 Surprising Stars competition:
• Candidates submit entry – deadline 16 March 2018 at 12:00PM GMT+1.
• Preselection – a maximum of 20 candidates are selected by 23rd of March 2018. Candidates are published on the Surprising Stars website. Fans, friends, and music lovers can stars voting online. Please note: Votes collected during the first round are carried into the final round. Candidates that make it into the final round and have already collected a large number of votes during the first round will therefore be at an advantage!
• First round – the Surprising Stars jury of music experts evaluates the submissions by the 20 candidates who made it through the preselection, and selects three candidates to go through to the final round by 2nd April 2018.
• Final round – Online audience gets a chance to vote for their favorite of the three final candidates until 16th April 2018. The prize winner will be announced on 17th April 2018.
For more details about rules, requirements, timeline, prizes, etc, please visit their website.
Follow Surprising Stars for the latest news about the competition:
• Facebook: SurprisingStars
• Twitter: SurprisingStars
• Instagram: @surprisingstars
Surprising Stars (Stichting Musonia) is part of GIVE MUSIC A FUTURE, a cooperative project co-funded by Creative Europe, the cultural programme of the European Union. It consists of eight partners from seven different countries: Germany, Lithuania, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Spain, Turkey, and the United Kingdom. GIVE MUSIC A FUTURE promotes young musicians by enabling them to perform before diverse audiences in Europe. It aims to turn youth music competitions into interactive art experiences.