Gitarreverein Weimar e.V.
The participants should be aged up to 20 years old and divided in 3 age categories.
One or two rounds depending on age category.
Every two years
– All participants record their competition program on video.
– The entire recording should be recorded with one camera setting, the player must be fully visible, external microphones are permitted.
– Cuts within a piece / set as well as subsequent processing are not permitted and lead to disqualification.
– Texts or subtitles may not be faded in.
– The program submitted with the registration is binding, changes are only possible up to the registration deadline
– The participant is responsible for compliance with the tender. If you are unsure about the competition program, the organizer can be contacted. A program selection that is not in accordance with the announcement leads to disqualification.
– The program is to be performed by heart.
– The recordings must be submitted via wetransfer.com by Friday, April 2nd (AG III: only 1st round!)
– The following formats are permitted : .mp4 or .mov (max. HD).
– The video file must be named with the participant’s surname and first name (“Last Name-First Name.mp4” or “Last Name- First Name.mov”)
– The videos may be recorded from Saturday, March 27th, 2021 at the earliest. All participants will receive a PDF file on March 26th, 2021. The document must be printed out and be visible in the background during the entire recording.
– The submitted videos are played publicly on YouTube. The exact schedule will be published after the registration deadline.
Age group I:
Free program from at least three different epochs, including a classical *, and a contemporary piece (total duration 12 – 15 min)
Age group II:
(Total time: 17-20 min)
a) 1-2 sentences from: 6 Genera Studies by Elia Koussa, a second selection will follow shortly
b) an original classical work *
c) free program
Age group III:
I round: (Total duration: 12 – 15 min)
a) one of the following studies by Mauro Giuliani from op.48: No. 15, 16, 17, 22, 23 or 24
b) 1-2 sentences from: 6 Genera Studies by Elia Koussa, a second selection will follow shortly
c) free program
Final: (Total time: 17-20 min)
a) an original classic *
b) free program
*Original work by a composer from the 1st half of the 19th century, who was born before 1800, such as Aguado, Carcassi, Carulli, Giuliani, Paganini (no violin caprices), Sor
In each age group a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize can be awarded. In addition, prizes for the best interpretation of a classical work, the contemporary set pieces and other special prizes may be awarded. The jury has the right not to award every prize.