Gitarreverein Weimar e.V.
One or two rounds depending on age category
The participants should be aged up to 20 years old and divided in 3 age categories.
Every two years
Enrollment can be made online at this link.
As well as the payment of the registration fee of 50,- € by bank transfer until 15th February 2019 at the latest.
The number of participants is limited. The admission occurs in the order of the entrance of the registrations.
Incomplete or late applications cannot be accepted.
In exceptional cases the fee may be paid upon arrival.
In case of a refusal by the participant the registration fee cannot be refunded.
– All competition performances are open to the public.
– The playing order of the competitors will be decided by draw.
– The programme stated in the application is binding. Changes are possible only until application deadline on 22nd February 2019.
– The participant is responsible for complying to the rules. If you are uncertain about your programme, consult the organiser. A programme non-compliant to the rules will lead to disqualification.
– The order in which the works are played may be chosen by the participant.
– The programme must be played from memory.
– Participants must bring all the music scores of the works to be played for the jury.
– The assessment will be based on artistic-musical presentation, style accuracy, security and of most importance, musical interpretation. Scores will not be disclosed.
– The decision of the jury is final with no right of appeal.
– The prizewinners must attend the awards ceremony and must participate in the prizewinners‘ concert. The concert programme will be chosen by the jury.
– The organizer has the right to record the competition performances and the prizewinners‘ concert for possible public performance. The participant will receive no financial compensation for this.
– Participants must show a valid identification document upon arrival.
– Participants must pay for all travelling, accommodation and living expenses.
– The organizer carries no responsibility for any personal injury or loss of personal belongings which might occur during the time of the competition.
– In case of interpretational differences only the German version of these rules is binding.
More information rules can be available on the official website.
In each age group a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize can be awarded. In addition, prizes for the best interpretation of a classical work, the contemporary set pieces and other special prizes may be awarded. The jury has the right not to award every prize.