Lithuanian Ministry of Education / Organizing Committee / B.Dvarionas Music School / Balys Dvarionas charity foundation
The competition has one round.
The participants should be aged up to 20 years old.
They will be divided in three age groups: up to 12, up to 16 and up to 20
Every two years.
January 15, 2020
The competition is subdivided into 3 age groups:
“A” – participants born on or after June 19, 2008
“B” – participants born on or after June 19, 2004
“C” – participants born on or after June 19, 200
The competitors must perform:
I. at least one Baroque or Classical work,
II. at least one work from Romantic Period to Contemporary,
III. B. Dvarionas’ piece (pieces).
Total Program Duration for participants from music schools to study music as amateurs:
A – from 5 to 10 minutes.
B – from 10 to 15 minutes.
C – from 15 to 20 minutes.
Total Program Duration for participants from music schools preparing professional musicians:
A – from 10 to 15 minutes.
B – from 15 to 20 minutes.
C – from 20 to 30 minutes.
Pianists must perform solo piano works only, violinists solo or with piano accompaniment.
All works must be performed from memory.
The winners of the competition will be awarded the LAUREATES’ diplomas.
Successful participants are awarded diplomas.
Special prizes may be awarded:
• for the best performance by Balys Dvarionas;
• for the best performance of contemporary Lithuanian composer
• for the best performance of the Baroque epoch;
• for the best performance of the classicist work;
• for the best performance of a romantic work;
• for the best performance of a contemporary work;
• Other prizes are available.