VSI Natu knygynas and Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre
Submission of recordings followed by two rounds.
The participants should be aged up to 27 years old.
Every four years.
The Competition is open to violinists of all nationalities who were born on or after 2 February 1990. The participants will be judged by an international Jury chaired by Gidon Kremer.
The application form must be submitted online from 15th September to 10th December 2020 on the competition website.
The application fee is: 100 euro.
The following materials should be included with the Application Form:
SELECTION ROUND (recording must be sent together with the ONLINE application):
1. W. A. Mozart: First movement with cadenza of one selected violin concerto:
No. 1 in B-flat major KV 207;
No. 2 in D major KV 211;
No. 3 in G major KV 216;
No. 4 in D major KV 218;
No. 5 in A major KV 219;
2. N. Paganini: One caprice selected from Op. 1
I ROUND (no more than 40 participants):
1. J. S. Bach. Please choose one Sonata below.
Sonata No. 1 in G minor, BWV 1001; III and IV movements (Siciliana, Presto);
Sonata No. 2 in A minor, BWV 1003; III and IV movements (Andante, Allegro);
Sonata No. 3 in C major, BWV 1005; III and IV movements (Largo, Allegro assai).
Movements with repeats must be performed only with the first repeats.
2. N. Paganini: One caprice selected from Op. 1 (the same can be repeated from the selection round).
3. Compulsory piece for violin solo, witten by lithuanian composer (will be sent together with the competition acceptance confirmation).
II ROUND (no more than 12 participants):
1. Selected virtuoso piece (duration up to 15 min.);
2. Transcription by Jascha Heifetz;
3. W. A. Mozart: First movement of the violin concerto No. 4 in D major KV 218 with J. Heifetz cadenza.
III ROUND (no more than 6 participants):
The finalists will be accompanied by Lithuanian National Symphony Orchestra.
One of the concerts for violin and orchestra:
• J. Sibelius. Violin concerto in D minor, Op. 47;
• P. Tchaikovsky. Violin concerto in D major, Op. 35;
• M. Bruch. Scottish Fantasy in E flat major op. 46;
• J. Conus. Violin concerto in E minor.
I Prize Winner Solo performance at the Lithuanian National Philharmonic Society (2022)
I Prize Winner Solo performance at the Music Festival “Kintai” (2022)
Note: Other concerts will be confirmed after final agreements with the organizers.