Accademia d’archi Arrigoni
The participants should be aged up to 13 years old.
The competition has 2 rounds.
The application fee is 100 € (not refundable)
The application process will be done completely online through registration form.
The pre-selection will take place after 30 April 2023. The jury, composed by musicians and teachers, co-ordinated by Pavel Vernikov and Domenico Mason, will evaluate candidates’ videos.
The videos should be sent in private mode on YouTube, Vimeo etc. together with their links and passwords. Once the jury will have evaluated all the recorded performances, it will select the competitors, who will be contacted by 30 April 2023.
The competition is organized into three Rounds, It will take place in San Vito al Tagliamento, PN (Italy) from 4 to 9 July 2023. The jury will be chaired by Pavel Vernikov and composed by musicians of international prestige. The candidates will be accompanied by an orchestra both during the semifinal rounds and final.
a. two violin Studies or Caprices for Solo Violin (such as J.P. Rode, F. Fiorillo, J. Dont, R. Kreutzer, N. Paganini, H. Wieniawski, H. Vieuxtemps or others).
b. one virtuoso piece for violin and piano (max duration 12 min.) to be chosen from the candidate.
Repertoire for the FIRST ROUND (Violin and String Orchestra)
a. One concerto for violin and orchestra, to be chosen from the following works:
• G.B. Pergolesi – Violin Concerto in B flat Major
• G. Tartini – Violin Concerto in A Major D96
• A. Vivaldi – “L’Estate” (op. 8, no. 2)
• A. Vivaldi – “L’Inverno” (op. 8, no. 4)
b. One composition for violin and strings orchestra, to be chosen from the following works:
• F. Kreisler – Introduction and Allegro (on Pugnani Style)
• P. de Sarasate – Introduction and Tarantella op. 43
• C. Saint Saëns – Introduction and Rondò Capriccioso op. 28
• H. Wieniawski – Variations on an original Theme op. 15
• F. Waxman – Carmen Fantasie
c) one “cantabile” piece for violin (string orchestra arrangement) to be chosen from the following works:
• J. Massenet “Meditation” from Thais
• N. Paganini “Cantabile” op. 17
• M. Ponce “Estrellita”
• E. Elgar “Salut d’amour”
Repertoire for the SECOND ROUND (Violin and String Orchestra):
a. The First Movement of one concerto for violin and orchestra to be chosen from the followings:
• W.A. Mozart – Concerto Kv 207 no. 1 in B flat
• W.A. Mozart – Concerto Kv 216 no. 3 in G Major
• J. Haydn – Concerto no. 1 in C Major
b. Mandatory piece for 2 violins and strings specially composed for the 2023 edition of “Piccolo Violino Magico” by a well-known composer. The piece will be available from 1st May 2023 for candidates who will have passed the preselection stage.
Note: candidates will play the first solo-violin part
c. One composition for violin and string orchestra, to be chosen from the following works:
• Ottokar Novacek – Moto perpetuo
• Niccolò Paganini – Moto perpetuo
• Franz Ries – Perpetuum mobile op. 34 n. 5
During the FINAL ROUND, the competitors will be accompanied by FVG Orchestra and they will perform:
a. The First Movement – of one of the following romantic concertos, as preferred:
• F. Mendelssohn – Violin Concerto in e minor, op. 64
• N. Paganini – Violin Concerto no. 1 in D Major, op. 6
• H. Wieniawski – Violin Concerto no. 2 in d minor, op. 22
• C. Saint-Saëns – Violin Concerto no. 3 in b minor, op. 61
• A. I. Khachaturian – Violin Concerto in d minor
b. Solo Violin “Encore” – A solo violin piece free-chosen by the candidate (max duration 7 min.)
1st Prize: a scholarship worth €5.000*
2nd Prize: a scholarship worth € 3.000
3rd Prize: a scholarship worth € 2.000
4th Prize: a scholarship worth € 1.000
*Plus a Violin made by Fabio Piagentini www.fabiopiagentini.it using Italian wood from Tarvisio forest donated by Risonanze Festival www.risonanzefestival.com