GMAF - Discover Music Tour
Next week starts another activity of the cooperation project GIVE MUSIC A FUTURE. Three young EMCY Prize winners will play the Discover Music Tour through Luxemburg, Germany and Spain: Juan Sanjuan Más, prize winner of Concurso Permanente de Jóvenes Intérpretes, Julius Schepansky awarded at Jugend musiziert and Béatrice Picard, prize winner of Concours Luxembourgeois pour Jeunes Solistes
Discover music is not a normal concert tour. The young musicians will work with pupils from public schools with high percentage of migrants. After an intensive preparation done by the professional audience developers of the Flying Gorillas, they will give outreach sessions and evening concerts in Luxembourg, Germany and Spain.
The activity will start in Luxemburg with a 5-days workshop at the UGDA Music School. They will be trained in chamber music and introduced to the work with hard to reach groups. The musicians will be taught to develop a repertoire of structured improvisation and short composed pieces, which can be used in outreach workshops with disadvantaged pupils.
Afterwards the tour continues to Germany (Iserlohn and Osnabrück) and Spain (Barcelona).
Photo Credit:Louise Tristram
The tour will build the capacities of the young musicians to approach a difficult-to-reach audience. It will widen their repertoire including contemporary pieces and they will learn to play in venues different then concert halls. The tour gives them the opportunity to internationalise their careers.
The discover music tour is part of the GIVE MUSIC A FUTURE project and is planned also for 2018.
Detailed schedule of the tour:
Wednesday – 8 March, 2017
16:00 Outreach session at Fondation Kräizbierg - Domaine Schoumansbongert
Thursday – 9 March, 2017
10:00 Outreach session at Ecole de Bertrange
15:00 Outreach session at Centre d’accueil pour demandeurs de protection internationale
Friday – 10 March, 2017
12:30 Concert at Eglise Protestante
18:30 Concert at ArcA
Sunday – 12 March, 2017
11:00 Concert at Musik Schule, Iserlohn
Monday – 13 March, 2017
10:00 Outreach session at Südschule, Iserlohn
Tuesday – 14 March, 2017
09:55 Outreach session at Gesamtschule Schinkel, Osnabrück
20:00 Concert at Ledenhof, Osnabrück
Thursday – 16 March, 2017
10:00 Outreach session at Gornal Primary School
15:30 Concert at Escola de Música Centre de les Arts
Friday – 17 March, 2017
10:00 Outreach session at Charlie Rivel Primary School
18:30 Concert at Escola de Música Centre de les Arts
GIVE MUSIC A FUTURE is a cooperation project co-funded by the culture programme Creative Europe of the European Union. It counts 8 partners of 7 different countries: United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Turkey, Lithuania, Spain, Luxemburg and Germany. GIVE MUSIC A FUTURE will promote young European musicians with performances in 7 countries, providing them essential skills to engage with different audiences all over Europe. They will leave the concert halls and take the music to places where you and I meet. GIVE MUSIC A FUTURE will turn youth music competitions into an interactive experience of art.
For more information check GIVE MUSIC A FUTURE project.
- 22 March 2017 Call to our Members and to Prize Winners: the 58th Weimar Master Classes
- 21 March 2017 Aarhus International Piano Competition- the winner takes it all? No!
- 19 March 2017 EMCY is looking for a New Volunteer
- 15 March 2017 Swiss Music Competition for Youth - Entrada 2017
- 14 March 2017 Euro Radio Youth Concert
- 09 March 2017 Make Your Ensemble’s Career
- 01 March 2017 GMAF - Discover Music Tour
- 28 February 2017 V International Jascha Heifetz Competition for Violinists
- 23 February 2017 GMAF - New Children's Show
- 22 February 2017 New Competitions On the Road to EMCY Membership
- 09 February 2017 Music Education Academy 2017
- 06 February 2017 GMAF - Homage a Heifetz
- 05 February 2017 Culture at the heart of a sustainable Europe
- 31 January 2017 Retreat for European Cultural Network Coordinators
- 23 January 2017 Results of the 51st edition of Concertino Praga 2017
- 18 January 2017 No Sustainable Development without Culture
- 20 December 2016 Happy Festive Season, EMCY Office in vacation
- 12 December 2016 Two member competitions of EMCY Slovakia took place in November 2016.
- 12 December 2016 EMCY Slovakia accepted and welcomed a new member competition
- 09 December 2016 Job opportunity: Policy Advisor in Bonn, Germany
- 09 December 2016 GMAF - Reach out session in Istanbul
- 08 December 2016 STAMP - Shared Training Activities for Music Professionals
- 01 December 2016 17th International Television Contest for Young Musicians 'The Nutcracker'
- 30 November 2016 European Union Youth Wind Orchestra: call for applications
- 21 November 2016 Results of the X International youth competition memory of E.A. Mravinsky
- 18 November 2016 Results of the Concours Luxembourgeois pour Jeunes Solistes & European Competition for Young Soloists 2016
- 14 November 2016 X International youth competition memory of E.A. Mravinsky
- 10 November 2016 GMAF - International cooperation for reaching underrepresented groups in Lithuania
- 24 October 2016 Copyright warning
- 19 October 2016 New EMCY Prize Concept
- 17 October 2016 EMCY' s Conference INTER-NATIONAL net_works+ and 30th General Assembly in Vilnius, Lithuania
- 07 October 2016 EMCY´s General Assembly & Conference INTER-NATIONAL net_works+ 2016
- 30 September 2016 Orlando Festival
- 23 September 2016 Lunchtime recital at the Muziekgebouw Eindhoven with Se Tcoi
- 21 September 2016 2016 edition of the epoche f master class
- 18 September 2016 New volunteer at EMCY!
- 16 September 2016 Dear musicians- Your opinion is crucial!
- 07 September 2016 GIVE MUSIC A FUTURE
- 12 August 2016 EMCY office on holidays
- 09 August 2016 Singers wanted!
- 08 August 2016 Job opportunity: CHOREOS is looking for a choir manager
- 03 August 2016 Job opportunity: The Menuhin Competition is looking for a new Project Manager
- 13 July 2016 EMCY concert in Mirgorod (Ukraine)
- 24 June 2016 103 competitors announced for the Ettlingen International Competition for Young Pianists
- 23 June 2016 Results of the the 24th 'Ján Cikker Children's Music festival' (EMCY Slovakia)
- 21 June 2016 Scholarship for violoncello master class in Iserlohn
- 17 June 2016 3 Young Hearts on Tour!
- 16 June 2016 Job opportunity: The Swiss Competition is seeking for a new staff member
- 02 June 2016 Competitors for the Orlando Competition announced
- 31 May 2016 Results of the XI International Competition for Young Pianists in Memory of Vladimir Horowitz
- 30 May 2016 Results of the 85th Concurso Permanente de Jóvenes Intérpretes
- 24 May 2016 EMCY welcomes two new member competitions!
- 23 May 2016 Swiss Music Competition for Youth - Final
- 11 May 2016 Young Hearts for Music Tour starts soon!
- 10 May 2016 Germany and Spain together? Ausgezeichnet!
- 29 April 2016 Winners of the Menuhin Competition London 2016
- 28 April 2016 European Alliance for Culture and the Arts
- 27 April 2016 International Balys Dvarionas Competition now live on the Internet
- 26 April 2016 Winners of the 50th Concertino Praga 2016
- 19 April 2016 Call to our Members and to Prize Winners: the 57th Weimar Master Classes
- 14 April 2016 Call for experts
- 12 April 2016 Swiss Music Competition for Youth - Entrada 2016
- 24 March 2016 People of Belgium, we are with you
- 07 March 2016 The International Young Talents Music Competition (Istanbul)
- 07 March 2016 The Value of International Cultural Networks
- 18 February 2016 The XI International F. Chopin Competition
- 17 February 2016 Young Talents on Tour (Luxembourg-Germany)
- 11 February 2016 EuroRadio Youth Concert announcement
- 09 February 2016 The Netherlands Violin Competition 2016
- 29 January 2016 50th anniversary of Ungdommens Musikkmesterskap (Norway)
- 24 January 2016 Recital during the World Economic Forum in Davos
- 21 January 2016 44 competitors announced for the Menuhin competition London 2016
- 16 December 2015 EMCY Office on holiday
- 25 November 2015 Conference for EMCY´s International Competitions & INTER-NATIONAL net_works+ meeting
- 16 November 2015 Our thoughts are with you, dear French
- 11 November 2015 What does music mean to you? Master class on contemporary music for EMCY Prize winners
- 26 October 2015 MBL Akustikgeräte to Partner European Union of Music Competitions for Youth (EMCY)
- 07 August 2015 EMCY Office on vacation
- 29 June 2015 Results of the 2015 "Ohrid Pearls" international competition in Ohrid, Macedonia
- 26 June 2015 Results of the Österreichische Jugendmusikwettbewerbe Prima la Musica
- 24 June 2015 Selection of Piano Trios for Orlando Competition Announced
- 24 June 2015 Results of the 10th International Competition for Young Pianists ‘A Step Towards Mastery’
- 18 June 2015 Results of EMCY Slovakia 'Ján Cikker Children's Music festival'