International Competition of Young Pianists dedicated to the Work of 'Fryderyk Chopin'
||To be announced|
|Next deadline:||To be announced
|Categories for the next competition:||Piano|
|Age range:||1-18 (3 age categories)
|Structure:||Two or three rounds depending on age category|
|Cycle:||every two years|
Rules: The competition is open for young Pianists from every nation. The competition is divided into three age groups:
- Age Group I (up to 12 years)
- Age Group II (13 to 15 years)
- Age Group III (15 to 18 years)
The Grand Prix and the first prize winners of the previous competitions are not permitted to take part in the 2014 competition if they have stayed in the same age group.
For more information about the rules and the required repertoire click here.
Grand Prix - a Laureate’s Diploma and a monetary reward.The Grand Prix winner will be chosen by the Jury from the first prize winners.
The laureates of first, second, and third prices will be awarded Diplomas and valuable gifts.
The teachers of the laureates will receive equivalent prizes and gifts.
The chief sponsor, the Narva City Government and other sponsors will award special diplomas, prizes, and monetary rewards.
The competition will end with the Prize-Winners' Concert. Participation of the First prize and Grand-Prix winners in the final concert in Tallinn is obligatory.
To be registered, each competitor should send the following:
- registration form, completed legibly in printed letters, in Estonian, English or Russian language
- photocopy of the title page of the passport
- black and white or colour glossy photo 9 x 12 cm
- DVD recording with two compositions:
1. Virtuoso Etude of the competitor’s own choice (not necessarily from the competition programme)
2. F. Chopin.; a composition of the competitor’s own choice (from the competition programme)
Application fee: EUR 60,00
Background: The competition started in 1997 by the initiative of the Ambassador of Poland in Estonia Mr.J. Wolansiewicz and in Narva began the tradition to hold here the competition for young pianists of Estonian music schools that is devoted to the famous Polish composer F. Chopin. As the first competition was very successful, in 1999 it was decided to organise the 1st International competition with participation of the young musicians from the states around the Baltic Sea (Estonia, Latvia, Poland, Finland and Russia). The supporters of the competition were the Municipality of Narva, the Ministry of Culture of Estonian Republic, the Embassies of Poland and France, Polish Radio and Television and private enterprises. The main sponsor of the competition is businessman Miroslaw Pienkowski. Read more
Last updated: 18.02.2016
- 23 September 2016 Lunchtime recital at the Muziekgebouw Eindhoven with Se Tcoi
- 21 September 2016 2016 edition of the epoche f master class